Thanks! We had fun!
Category: Music Page 1 of 3
Our alt-rock 90s band ‘mold’ will be playing at Voxbotn, a festival in the heart of Tórshavn. Here’s an almost complete playlist. Mind you, our production budget was next to nil, so the sound quality is not too great.
The first song on our debut album (with intro). This is from 1995.
I’m in the process of putting a lot of my old stuff out there. Here’s Walking Backwards from 2009 (together with my old band The Reverends).
The first song on our debut album. Music and lyrics by your truly.
Just a few tidbits from February 2018:
- Captain Trips light is making his appearance known across the Faroe Islands. I’ve been unusually ill for about 10 days (but it’s finally getting better). An amazing amount of people have been ill, particularly men.
- Sickness perk: I’ve been catching up on some reading. Just finished Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner which was great. I have now moved on to The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, equally great so far.
- I’ve begun working on a few songs to release under my own name. Fun times.
- The Reverends are working on three new songs so things are progressing nicely.
- I’m frying five eggs right now.
The Reverends are acting up again. After some members in our band have had personal problems to deal with, we’re sort of back on track, meeting every Wednesday evening for songwriting and jamming. Good fun. The first confirmed concert will be on july 6th at Maggies in Nólsoy. Jolly good. Around 4-5 more dates are on their way. Yup, we got the band back together again.
A track from our first album.
The Reverends are looking into new online distribution for our upcoming release. There is a fuckton of options to choose from and all we know is that we want it to non-exclusive and that rules out our old label, Tutl. Why non-exclusive? Well, in the current landscape of the internet and the maelstrom that is modern creative rights, it seems like a far better option to retain the rights to our own recordings.
Anyways, the first song of three is called Sometimes I Wish and we’ve finally OK’d the last mix from producer extraordinaire, Óli Poulsen. Hence it will be released fairly soon. More on this later.
The Reverends were featured on Faroese television recently. The producer’s angle was to highlight creative differences in the band. Watch it here.