Category: News Page 2 of 5
Check it out:
In two months time, our third child will be born. We’re waiting in a nearly deserted wing on the third floor of the largest hospital on the Faroe Islands. The midwives’ union (at least, I think it’s a proper union) is pissed off at the hospital management for allowing the nurses to run the maternity ward post birth. The midwives are not allowed to strike so a more than half of them have been taken with sudden illness and stress and are not showing up for work. Anyway, this does not bode well and there have been some horror stories where would-be fathers have had to assist with technical issues because the substitutes couldn’t figure out how to use the equipment. Not exactly the most reassuring of situations, but Annvør, who is due to give birth on October 10th is taking it in strides. I’m always amazed at how tough and resilient she is.
It turns out they had mixed up the appointments and a woman who arrived some time ago is severely pissed because she has to wait 20 minutes past her appointment time. Her being pissed of course accomplishes a great deal and makes everyone feel great and makes everything run smoother. Yey!
Talented YouTuber Lucas Azar made us this very nice video of our song ‘Demolition’ from our first album. Check it out.
The Reverends are looking into new online distribution for our upcoming release. There is a fuckton of options to choose from and all we know is that we want it to non-exclusive and that rules out our old label, Tutl. Why non-exclusive? Well, in the current landscape of the internet and the maelstrom that is modern creative rights, it seems like a far better option to retain the rights to our own recordings.
Anyways, the first song of three is called Sometimes I Wish and we’ve finally OK’d the last mix from producer extraordinaire, Óli Poulsen. Hence it will be released fairly soon. More on this later.
Here are the three things I wish to accomplish for Week 6. Did I mention I’m only setting three goals per week now? Well, I am. The rule of three, see? Inspired by Agile Results by J.d. Meier.
- Work hard on goal #88 (a tune exclusively on ipad) and do my best to finish it.
- Finish up goal #92 (our finances in order) if possible. I’m getting a quote from an insurance company today and will shop around a bit more and hopefully finish up by friday.
- Habit makeover. Too many of my good habits have slipped in the wake of our national holidays and music festivals, so I want to think said habits through and start the useful and realistic ones up again.
– – – UPDATE – – –
Well, the week did not go as planned as I had infinitely more McJobbing to do than anticipated. My entire weekend consisted of nothing but work. Thus, I did not do so well:
- My first goal went to shit and I did next to no work on the ipad tune.
- Success. I finished goal #92, so now we know what we’re aiming for.
- Yep, thought everything through and picked my three important habits to start with and I won’t be adding any more till they are thoroughly up and running. The three habits? They’re my morning routine, project work and my evening routine. I’ll go into more detail later.
Well, that’s it for now. I’m fairly tired of things not working out. In the weeks to come, I’ll be focusing on getting up early and getting some project work done.